Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't open

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

Today i am trying to open my lightroom classic (updated) and it wont open at all. It appears to go to the splash page but then just stops. I am trying to edit photos for clients and am low key freaking out. I have loged out of adobe and logged back in, i have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to be working. Can someone please help me on what to do? Thank you so much. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The kast time you were in LrC, when you were done, did you have to force quit? Or perhaos, did it crash?

Either situation would have left the lock file behind. The lock file needs to be deleted upon quit.Be carefull to select the correct file if this is the case.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding, it did abruptly quit while trying to log out. i just tried what you suggested and still it is not working 😞 i really have no idea what to do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines