• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't start

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program started bringing up an error message on startup about being unable to open a catalog as it was open in another instance of Lightroom. Support couldn't get rid of it, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, but now it won't start at all.

If I check in task manager, there's a Lightroom process running, but nothing in actual programs. Shutting that down and trying to restart it just takes it back to the same - a process but no program and no window open.

Help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it actually say something like "another application already has it opened"? (If that's not it, please give us the EXACT word-for-word error message)

See https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the exact wording now as it simply won't start at all now. It was very close to: 'Unable to open catalog as it is already open in another program. Please close the earlier instance of Lightroom, open another catalog or exit'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this from the 'similar' section. Same message: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-won-t-open/td-p/9392133

I'll have a read of that discussion, see if it was solved, but now LRC won't open at all for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just found this from the 'similar' section. Same message: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-won-t-open/td-p/9392133

I'll have a read of that discussion, see if it was solved, but now LRC won't open at all for me.

By @default3vy38t28oovf

Please, give this method a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but now LRC won't open at all for me.

Please provide more info. A nice item by item listing of steps and results may help.

for example

1. I click on the LrC startup icon
  2. The LrC splash screen appears
  3. I notice in the Splash screenshot LrC is reading the preferences
  4. Then the splash screen goes away, but LrC is not running.

Also, please provide more System Info

• Adobe program name and version, for example Lightroom Classic v10.3
  • Operating System name and version, for example Windows 10 v19043
  • Any error message if applicable, verbatim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines