• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom wont import

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I am having issues importing images into Lightroom Classic V12.1.  I have imported hundreds of times using the same camera (Canon 5D Mk4) by connecting the camera via a cable to my PC using Windows 10.  When I attempt to import today it recognises that there are files to import and the number of files (1267) is showing in the destination panel but doesn't show a preview at all.  When I click on Import it goes through the usual motions and says that it is 'Importing Files'.  However nothing happens after that.

When I then cancel the Import it says that the 'files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writable'

I have tried a different cable and a different camera (still a Canon 5D Mk4) with the same results.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to import today it recognises that there are files to import and the number of files (1267) is showing in the destination panel but doesn't show a preview at all.

Please show us a screen capture of the ENTIRE Import dialog box. Use the "Insert Photos" icon. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (100).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At Terry, what happens if you select the "In sub-folder" option at the Destination.

See the screen capture of portion of the image you supplied. Also I concerned that the image thumbnails are not displayed in the import dialog.

4A4B1B9B-088C-4693-8359-1BFDAC2ABE6F.jpeg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few inquirys

• Why are you attempting to import from devices instead of files. Devices can be troublesome.
  • Why does the card in camera not show up under files.
  • Can you copy the files outside of LrC, using the Windows File Explorer, and then import in LrC via Add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I have always imported direct from the camera with no issues

Not sure what you mean by this

I have tried this but was unable to copy the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have tried this but was unable to copy the files"

Sounds like a problem in Windows file management, or a problem with your USB cable, or with the memory card, or the camera (perhaps settings)

So, do you have a card reader? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I have tried different cables and memory cards and settings on camera appear to be fine.  My feeling, and it is only a feeling, is that it is a windows file management issue.  I thought perhaps not enough disk space or something along those lines.  I do not have a card reader I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Card readers are not expensive, invest in a pair (that Canon EOS 5D MkIV, has an SD and a CF slot, correct?)

In terms of performance:

• Use card reader, fastest
  • Use USB to camera, Needs data capable cord, do not accidentally use power cord, some cameras (not Canon) restricted to 1M length,  Ok but slower
  • Use WiFi, painfully slow, prone to disconnects, do not go their.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well , same problem hapens to me ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines