• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom . Wont Launch.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I've just updated Lightroom to 5.5 and now it will not launch.

AdobeCC @

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

We are still looking into the problem, but as a workaround this may work for folks.

1.  Uninstall Lightroom 5.5. 

2.  Install Lightroom 5.5 directly (and not through the Adobe Creative Cloud app) by downloading from the following links:

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_mac_en

Windows:  http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_win_en

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

After running the stand-alone LR 5.5 installer, Lightroom 5 shows up in the Creative Cloud app on my Windows 7 64-bit desktop, but NOT on my Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gregg Mack. Try quit and relaunch the CC app manually on your Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop to get the list refreshed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@simonsaith Yep, that works. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So obviously this workaround of installing LR outside of CC does not work. The licensing modules seem to work differently on CC version and standalone version.

I have a PS and LR subscription, and the standalone LR does not recognize it and prompts me for a license key or offers a 30 days trial. This is insulting.

The error message about inability to find a linked framework is shameful - this should never had gotten through QA. Please fix this ASAP.@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still investigating the issue. The missing frameworks are only required for unit tests run internally. They are not the source of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We're still investigating the issue. The missing frameworks are only required for unit tests run internally. They are not the source of the problem."

They are preventing the application from starting. The loader is searching for modules being loaded by LR. The application is linked to the missing frameworks, it tries to load them, but they are not included in the release distribution - and they should not be. In my 20+ years software dev experience I have seen it countless times - an executable links to libraries on developer's system, but these libraries are not on the end user system, hence the crash.

I used to be an employee of Adobe systems back in 1996. I recall issued being handled differently back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have to correct myself. Upon further investigation, you may be right, simonsaith, that the missing frameworks are not part of the issue.

I've installed stand-alone version of LR 5.5 and when I run it via terminal, I still see the missing framework errors, but the application starts.

I do see window prompting me to enter the serial number, which does not make it for an acceptable workaround.

Maksims-MacBook-Pro:MacOS myankovskiy$ ./"Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5"

2014-06-19 12:08:27.241 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1663:707] Cannot add package named WFCoreTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit

!! Did you remember to add a copy frameworks step to your project?

2014-06-19 12:08:27.242 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1663:707] Cannot add package named WFSQLiteTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit

2014-06-19 12:08:27.243 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1663:707] Cannot add package named WFWebTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFWebTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFWebTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFWebTests.agtoolkit

2014-06-19 12:08:27.244 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1663:707] Cannot add package named WFOzClientTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had several people report success after changing permissions on a couple of folders. If you are having trouble launching after downloading from the CC app, please see
the tips at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but no luck

Win 7 64

Just to be clear, if I try to install after downloading LR 5.5 from Adobe, will it still be part of Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround described in https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole thing is insulting. I have both the perpetual license AND the LR/PS CC deal. The telephone "senior" tech support idiot assured me that I didn't need the license file that he tossed along with a whole bunch of other stuff. Of course I did need that file as Adobe isn't recognizing my Lightroom via CC since I have a perpetual license. But, I did manage to find my serial number for the perpetual license, so the standalone install did work for me. The thing is it appears that neither the development people nor the tech support people seem to have a clue how their software actually works in the real world. I'm still wrestling with the mess the tech support guy left me after he took over control of my computer and deleted all that stuff. If the call was recorded, Adobe can go back and listen to me begging the guy to not delete certain files. Unfortunately, the call lasted so long that there were other things here at the house needing attention while he was doing that crap, so I'm not sure what exactly he deleted. But I am sure that once he was done he left me with lots of spinning beach balls even on non-Adobe software. and particularly in the Finder. Have  viable alternative for Photoshop, and if I could find something to replace Lightroom I would be gone from Adobe forever. Apple's Aperture just isn't good enough. Contempt for the customer is the Adobe way of doing business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to install manually and it is asking me for a license number.

But what it means? I am on CC and have no any  license, just my login and pass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop AND my Windows 7 64-bit desktop. I had my anti-virus program disabled on both machines when I installed the update. I did use the Create Cloud Apps window to "Update All". When I double-click the shortcut icon that the installer put onto my desktops, nothing happens. Nothing shows up in the Task Manager.

If I uninstall Lightroom 5.5 using the Windows Control Panel, and then re-install Lightroom 5.4 (I have the stand-alone installer), will I retain all of my previous settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting LR 5.4 back on should be fine, although Paul just posted a link for the LR 5.5 standalone installer, which you can also get to via: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll try it after I download the LR 5.5 stand-alone installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gregg, but I'm hoping someone can try the 'sudo open' trick with their (non-launching) CC build still installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the 5.4 standalone. Since the moron from Adobe Phone Support had deleted my registration file it wanted my serial number. For some reason my LR4 serial number showed up in my previous orders at adobe.com, but my LR5 didn't. Dunno why other than Adobe is trying to screw me again. Finally found it on my other machine, and I have 5.4 working again. Am downloading the 5.5 standalone now. I strongly suspect that the bug impacts owners of perpetual licenses who updated via the CC Desktop app. The "Senior" support guy blathered so much misinformation that I was totally appalled at his ignorance. He even said that upgrading to Mavericks on my Mac involved time machine automatically installing all older versions of my applications. The man was insane, but very sure about his incorrect information. Made a real hash of my machine. May take weeks to find and repair all of the damage he did. Support isn't supposed to work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the tech support guy also removed my onOne and Nik (google now) plug-ins, but left the Topaz. Go figure. Will have to reinstall those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution -- of renaming the SLStore file -- turns out to be a partial fix at best. After I restarted Lightroom, I got the dreaded "Develop is not licensed" message when I tried to use the Develop room.

I shut down Lightroom and Photoshop, logged out of Creative Cloud and then shut down the Creative Cloud application. Then I tried to restart Creative Cloud. It wouldn't launch at all, so I restarted the machine. Creative Cloud started up again after restart, but went into "ever-circling blue wait cursor" mode, so I can't log back in or do anything else with it.

Restarted Lightroom, which told me that I would need to log in. I logged in as instructed. Develop and other functionality is now working again. After restarting Lightroom a second time (just to make sure) I still have Develop functionality. I'm not confident that it will last indefinitely, though. The Creative Cloud application is still unusable.

Dear Adobe, please take note. This kind of nonsense is why people hate Digital Rights Management and subscription-based software. If your implementation is anything less than rock-solid, you end up with a user base of very angry users who can't understand why they can't use the software they paid for. And that's not a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but the msg I get on my mac is:

6/18/14 7:32:17.598 PM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[891]: Cannot add package named WFCoreTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit

6/18/14 7:32:17.599 PM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[891]: Cannot add package named WFSQLiteTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit

6/18/14 7:32:17.600 PM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[891]: Cannot add package named WFWebTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFWebTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFWebTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFWebTests.agtoolkit

6/18/14 7:32:17.601 PM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[891]: Cannot add package named WFOzClientTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same log entries when trying to run LR manually on MacOS.

6/18/14 7:32:17.598 PM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[891]: Cannot add package named WFCoreTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.f ramework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.a gtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit

and so on.

What's worse is when I manually install 5.5 upgrade, it asks me for serial number, which I don't have since I am on CC subscription for PS and LR.

I looked at the package of Frameworks and there's a WFCore, but not WFCoreTest. A wild guess - are you guys linking to a DEV version of the toolkit instead of the release version or explicitly linking to tests???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bettyswolloks,  @Elisabeth Haig, would you help send me these log files?

On Mac, open finder and go to ~/Library/Logs, you should see some logs,  amt3.log,  oobelib.log, PDApp.log are what we want.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for reference, I'm running Windows 7.

My fix was just to download 5.5 and run the installer.  It asked if I wanted to repair or remove Lightroom.  I tried "repair" but that didn't fix the problem.  I did a "remove" and then re-ran and installed.  Everything works, all my presets and preferences are still in place.

Back to normal.... phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update, I had to uninstall and re install it to get it to work, quite embarrising really as I had a customer with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines