• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom wont open - 2nd time for no reason. Unacceptable.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the second time in 2 months, LR Classic refuses to open a window when I click on the icon. Last time this occurred I had to uninstall all Adobe products, run the cc cleaner, delete all of my customization files, and reinstall the entire ecosystem. I do NOT want to do this again. Literally, for no reason. I was using it perfectly fine, I closed it, backed up my library, the next day went to re-open, and boom. I ran the updates, I restarted my computer, everything. I fear I'll have to repeat the steps from my previous post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-will-not-open-on-my-l... but I would really rather not. 

Adobe, I know you have a monopoly on this stuff, but this bug has been around for a while, I am not the only one who has had it, and the fact that the only fix you have is to take out and re-install every product, run the cleaner, etc. is ridiculous. I don't pay the money I do for a monthly sub to have the products fail like this consistently. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I know you have a monopoly on this stuff, but .....

For the most part, your fellow membets on this community site, do not work for Adobe. Some Adobe Techs might respond, but more likely, fellow members might be able to help.

Note that the Adobe customer support  you have apparently contacted before are an outsourced group of people who richly deserve your venting st them.

Hopefully one of the actual Adobe Techs that currently respond in this community (they did not used to)can enter into your discussion, but that is fairly hit or miss. (not sure if they get more involved once replys start showing up)

Moving on. Below is a common minimum list of info to supply in problems, can you reply as such?

• Adobe product and version number 
  • Operating system and version number 
  • Error message(s) (if applicable)
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc. 
  • Screenshots of the problem (if applicable)

Note, Removing, uninstalling, then reinstalling is usually not helpful, mostly a last ditch effort. Would not reccomend without seeing others with the exact same problem and knowledge that it accomplished anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may get a lot of inquiries from other members.  This is normal. Some will be looking for more complete info, error messages, actions taken, system info. Here is a first one:

LR Classic refuses to open a window when I click on the icon. 

So, you click on the icon, and absolutely nothing happens, or dies the LrC splash screen come up, the close without accomplishing anything? 

and

I was using it perfectly fine, I closed it, backed up my library, the next day went to re-open, and boom.

Meaning, it failed to start?

Previously, when you were finished with LrC, it was closed properly? Not a forced quit, or a crash, correct?

LR Classic refuses to open a window when I click on the ico

Returning to the above, what happens if instead of clicking on the icon, you use Windows File Explorer, your OS File Manager, to navigate to the catalog, and double click on it?

P.S. while you are looking at that catalog file in the folder it is in, make sure no lock file exists.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines