Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just changed my plan from 'ecosystem' to 'classic'

Is there meant to be any difference in the layout of the program on screen?

tia

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom and Lightroom Classic are two very different applications.

One major difference is that Lightroom stores the originals in the cloud, whereas Lightroom Classic stores the originals locally.

See https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Photography plan' is basically about Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, but it does allow you access to Lightroom ('ecosystem') too. So if you see no difference after you switched plans, it is probably because you haven't installed Lightroom Classic yet and/or are still launching Lightroom desktop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just changed my plan from 'ecosystem' to 'classic'

Apparently I am not aware of either ecosystem or classic plans.

The only plans I am aware of are in the following link:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that those are the same, but just not the official names. The 'ecosystem' plan is the Lightroom plan, the 'Classic' plan is the Photography plan.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Lightroom (Cloud) forum was recently renamed Lightroom ecosystem (Cloud-based), I'm assuming Lightroom Ecosystem is a nickname for Lightroom (Cloud).

Lightroom Classic seems self-explanatory since that's the name of that version of Lightroom in the Photography Plans and the name of the forum which supports it.

So I understood the question to be comparing the Lightroom (Cloud) UI to the Lightroom Classic UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I guess you are referring to this. LrC is outside the Lr Ecosystem.

8FC234A1-2250-4986-B27E-232E0B6E396B.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that is it indeed. Ecosystem as in group of related programs, in that case revolving around actually using the cloud for storage to some extant.Various apps all with the abbreviation Lr, All to please the cloud centric marketplace.

Yep Adobe at its best (not)

I imagine the Adobe Marketing will be renaming and perhaps rebundling the Lightroom Plan, that would make some actual sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, the names of the plans have not changed. Ecosystem does not appear https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Another great job by Adobe of confusing people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the names of the plans have not changed.

Only the name of the Lightroom Cloud forum changed to Ecosystem when they merged the Lightroom Cloud forum and the Lightroom Mobile forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dj_paige wrote:

As of today, the names of the plans have not changed. Ecosystem does not appear https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Another great job by Adobe of confusing people.

'Lightroom ecosystem' has been in use for quite a while now and refers to Lightroom desktop, Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom Web, Lightroom AppleTV and any other Lightroom I may have forgotten to mention, except Lightroom Classic. Nothing has changed, except for the grouping in this forum. To me it was obvious what the OP referred to, but apparently not to everybody.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At 1a0ax, the answer Lightroom Classic has the interface layout of the original Lightroom application.

The New Lightroom application has a revised interface and does not have all the same features.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the article at the link below will assist.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/which-lightroom-version-am-i-using/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines