• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom6 closes upon opening

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new laptop and I installed my Adobe Lightroom6 on the new laptop (Windows 10).  It worked when I first installed it with a "test" (opened and imported a picture).  Now, everytime I try to open Lightroom6, it closes upon trying to open.  No errors.   I've uninstalled and re-installed it several times.   

How do I resolve this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time it worked, did you force quit? Did it crash? Or did you close it nicely with no issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it worked the last time I opened it ... but I just remembered that was directly using the laptop. 

I have a docking station (purchased with the new Dell laptop) and I have 2 monitors hooked up to the docking station.  I  tested just from the lapton (not connected to the docking station) and Lightroom 6 opens fine.   I reconnect the laptop to the docking station to use my monitors and Lightroom6 does closes upon opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment.

Which operating system do you use?

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on.

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the above and still have the issue. 

I'm on Windows 10 version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1165.

I'm on Lightroom 6.

No error message, just comes up with the screen shown in the attached screenshot and then it closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carefully watch that splash screen, does it ever say reading preference file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the responses.

I waatched several times - it closes so quick, it's hard to see if it is doing anything --- I do not see anything getting loaded.  As noted in an earlier post, Lightroom 6 opens and I can edit pictures if I open it using tahe laptop not into the docking station.  The issue is when the laptop is plugged into the docking station and I'm using 2 monitors ... then it closes as it is opening.    Interesting that it works directly from the laptop.  I've checked all the video drives and it says all are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addtional note.   Lightroom 6 workd on my old desktop (I just replaced it with the laptop) and it was connected to the same 2 monitors.  So a docking station appears to be the additional variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more note ... I opened Lightroom 6 on the laptop not plugged into the docking station, then I plugged the laptop into the docking station and Lightroom display on one as my dual monitors and I'm able to edit pictures from the large monitor. 

Then I go back and try to launch lightroom 6 from my larger monitor (laptop connected to docking station) and it will not launch.  It displays the screen shown in the attachment above and then it quicly closes.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed the latest available version of Lightroom 6 (version 6.14)? If no the goto 

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

and scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links"

Is your system up-to-date? Do you have installed all latest updates of hardware drivers the availabe for your notebook?

Check also in the Windows Device Manager if there are two graphic cards in your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Scroll down to section "Solution 4" - point 6.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am on version 6.3 and all windows updates, video drivers, and lightroom says I'm up to date.

Tried Point 6 in Solution 4.   Note I have four Display adapters showing in Device Manager:

1. Dell D3100 USB3.0 Dock
  2. Dell D3100 USB3.0 Dock
  3. Intel(R) UHD Graphics
  4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

I disabled "Intel(R) UHD Graphics" and that resolved the issue !!   My Lightroom 6 now opens successfully when using my dual monitors.  Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this issue and for the resolution!!

Thanks to everyone for their help with this issue and thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines