• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroon classic 23 can't select objects (sometimes) is that normal?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Lightroom classic 23 can't select objects (sometimes) is that normal?J I just upgraded to the new Lightroom Classic release.

The image has a dark background so I thought that was the problem but when I try the same image with much lighter BG the select tool is gray out. In fact, all the 3 tools are grayed out. 

Then I go to Photoshop and use the Camera Raw filter with the same images, and it works!!!!

I noticed that in some images in LR classic that issue persists. Other images work great. Confused. Any ideas?!

I'm using Windows 11

Thank you in advance.

BTW. the  original image was saved as NEF I had to make a JPEG copy to post it here.cannot edit2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about if you increase the overall exposure before you start to do the selection?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jill ,

Yeah, that didn't do anything. It is weird. Other images with lighter background do not respond either. They do in Photoshop but not in LRC?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the dark JPEG you posted, my LR 12.6 / Mac OS successfully selects the chess piece as an object. See the attached screen recording.

Perhaps upload the original raw to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here.

"but when I try the same image with much lighter BG the select tool is gray out. In fact, all the 3 tools are grayed out."

Please post a screenshot of the entire LR window when this happens, so we can better understand precisely what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello johnrellis ,

I reached out to Adobe, and they told me that uninstalling and re-installing the software may get rid of the issue. It seemed to have done it. Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved. Uninstall/reinstall more often than not fails to resolve issues, but glad it worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines