• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightrooom doesn't work after changeover to a new computer

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom classic 6 on a Mac 2012. Latest versions of LF classic and MacOS. bought a new Mac and copied all content. At first LR Classic worked on both computers. Shortly after that LR classic didn't opne on the new one. Then two days later after trying to open LR also the version on the old Mac didn't start up. I only saw a very short flash of the beginning screen and which then disappeared. Now I can't use LR Classic on neither of both computers. Tried to download LR Classic again as advised by Adobe, but software wasn't available anymore. What to do?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only saw a very short flash of the beginning screen and which then disappeared.

Indication that LrC was not closed properly, that either it crashed, or you forced it to quit. Check for a lock file that did not get deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've checked the lightroom folder but there is no .lock file. Also searched the harddrive for a .lock file but there is no lock file on the drive. Any other suggestion to open lightroom with my catalog file? It contains years of work catagorizing and editing photo's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of the operating system is on the new Mac?

Are you talking about Lightroom 6 on both computers? It is not technically correct (and confusing) to talk about Lightroom Classic 6, as there is no such software. If you are not talking about LR 6 on both computers, please make it clear what version NUMBER of Lightroom or Lightroom Classic you are trying to use on each computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sory for the confusion. I use Lightroom 6. I had it on my old compuer. I transferred all my data, settings, sotware etc. from the old MACbook Pro to the new one, useing Apple migrate function. Then the problem I described occured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new MAC, what MACOS and is it a M1 model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the new Macbook Pro 16" with M1 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines