• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linear Gradient Problem

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest version of lightroom.

Now I'm not able to move the position of the linear gradient after placed it.

There would normally dots and lines on the screen that I could use to move the linear gradient around the screen.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have "Show Edit Pins" set to "Never" at the left-hand side of the Toolbar. Change it to something else to get the pins and lines displayed, but note that changing it to "Auto" will only show the pins and lines when the cursor is on the image, they will be hidden when you if you move the cursor away from the image.

BTW, you said you've just updated to the latest version.....but your screenshot shows an earlier version, so check your Creative Cloud app for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this! My father was having an issue with the gradiant mask and this resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And even if set to 'Never' the keyboard shortcut [H] will Show/Hide the pin & guidelines by toggling the visibility.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is the linear Gradient just don't work or works the wrong way round ..ie.. opersite to the overlay, and I thought Adobe was good ummm  same old rubbish just a different app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andy28918577yah7 

Your video indicates that you are mistakenly scrolling down to the BASIC Panel of adjustments where any slider adjustment is 'Global'- affecting the whole image.

2023-03-17 17_28_28-Clipboard.jpg

You must stay in the Masking panel sliders to only adjust your linear gradient-

2023-03-17 17_32_44-.jpg

And you can invert the Mask to show the mask on un-affected areas.

2023-03-17 17_33_05-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines