• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to external hard drive in LR Classic on Mac OS

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two external drives for 78,000 photos.  

4T is primary drive and 6T is a back-up copy syn'd monthly.  Photos are stored under main folder "Alan" in multiple folders and single files.

This morning I incorrectly attached drive 6T and could not access the photos under folder Alan for editing.  I then repointed LR to drive 6T using Right click and Find Missing Folder.  Which then pointed to folder Alan on 6T, but does not show the underlying photos and files.

Now that I have realised my mistake re using the back-up drive, how do I revert the catalogue pointer to primary drive 4T ? (and hopefully all the pointers refresh to the folders and photos under top folder Alan )

Do I right click on Alan under the 6T drive to bring up the Update Folder Location and point it to drive 4T ? 

Or is it easier to retrieve a previous back-up copy of the catalogue to install that over the latest catalogue to roll-back to pre disk mix up ? 

WIth many thanks, AlanRod

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Do I right click on Alan under the 6T drive to bring up the Update Folder Location and point it to drive 4T ?

Yes, also see: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, also see: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you !
All repaired and catalogue accessible and able to edit photos.
Bw
AlanRod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines