Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Literoom classic crashes when opening

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a 2015 version of Lightroom (on desktop). A couple months ago I tried opening it on my external harddrive. It looks like its opening but then doesn't. I see the opening screen (face), but then it just disappears. I've been scrolling forums with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have sooo many pictures on it. PS I'm naive with all this so easy comprehension appreciated.. haha!! THANK YOU!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will make a few comments, but some more details from you will be needed to arrive at answers.

"2015 version of Lightroom".  So that would be a version equivalent to the 'Standalone' Lightroom Version 6.

Are you trying to open a 'Backup' catalog (on a Backup drive)?

"I have sooo many pictures on it."- Your photos are never 'in' or 'on' Lightroom.

Where are your photo files? The Catalog (.LRCAT file)  must have the photo files available.

Do you see any error messages? (Quote in exact detail.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean?

A couple months ago I tried opening it on my external harddrive.

Please explain, in detail, what this means and what you actually did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines