• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live view tethering disables camera shutter

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Canon 5d Mark III and when I'm using the live view tethering i can take a picture through the laptop but not through the camera. Updated the firmware, restarted, reconnected several times - no problem with focusing or changing the other attributes. When pushing the camera shutter - some of the data on the live view menu disapears for the moment the shutter is puched and appears again when is released. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have back button focus enabled? If so turn it off as I recall this worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, yes, I have back button focusing; I will try that! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here is what i found out. The back focus button is not a problem. The problem was: i didn't switched on the 'live view' on the camera. when is off - no buttons on the camera work. I didn't noticed because i was using the camera with a remote.. I had problems with off-line working (my studio doesn't have internet) and i will probably use hotspot from my phone. The problems I experienced when offline:

1) the live view screen goes behind the regular Lightroom screen or

2) the Lightoom closes suddenly

most of the time the problem appears after first or second picture taken.

Hope it will help somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The more I think about it, as it has been awhile since I have used tether on my Mark 3, the back button focus being on involved the focus button in LrC not working correctly.  Sorry to have lead you in the wrong direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines