Locally stored cc assets files

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there everyone,

I am on:

Windows 10, Lightroom classic.
I have been having a cleanout of my laptop files as space is running low and I came across these files which are flagged as taking up a lot of space.

C:\Users\xxxx\Creative Cloud Files\Adobe\Assets
They take up a total of about 1.2Gb. Do I need to keep them? Or, if I need to keep them, can I move then to an external drive? My images are not stored on the computer, nor is the catalogue.

Anyone?

Ellie

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

I have found that this actually relates to Adobe Rush videos that get synced from my phone somehow to my laptop, nothing to do with Lightroom. I removed (moved to an external drive) those files and I see that they have also disappeared from my desktop. 

Thanks everyone, sorry for the confusion.

Ellie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Mac person and could not find the equivalent on my system....

Which version of Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found that this actually relates to Adobe Rush videos that get synced from my phone somehow to my laptop, nothing to do with Lightroom. I removed (moved to an external drive) those files and I see that they have also disappeared from my desktop. 

Thanks everyone, sorry for the confusion.

Ellie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see an Adobe folder in my Creative Cloud Files either, but I am also using a Mac.

However, two things are certain on both Windows and Mac:

• Lightroom Classic does not manage any files in the Creative Cloud Files folder. 
    (Only if you intentionally imported images from the Creative Cloud Files folder, which is not typical and not recommended.)
  • Lightroom Classic cloud sync is different than the cloud syncing of the Creative Cloud Files folder, and is completely unrelated and not connected. 

Creative Cloud Files is a general cloud sync service for any file format, similar to Dropbox, more typically used with other Adobe applications such as Photoshop.

So whatever put files in C:\Users\xxxx\Creative Cloud Files\Adobe\Assets is another Adobe application or service, and so far we’re not sure which one.

The files Lightroom Classic uses that take the most space are mostly inside the folder containing a catalog, including:

• The catalog (.lrcat), which you must keep, not delete. 
  • The previews file (…Previews.lrdata), which you can delete at any time if it gets big, because it will be re-created. 
  • The Smart Previews file (…Smart Previews.lrdata), which you could delete, but because you create Smart Previews manually you should first make sure you no longer need them for the reason you created them. For example, if you created Smart Previews for 6 folders and you realize you no longer need them for 4 of those folders, you can go into Lightroom Classic and delete only the Smart Previews you no longer need.

Using Lightroom Classic can also fill up the Camera Raw cache and video cache folders (normally hidden in system folders), but you can limit the size of both in Lightroom Classic preferences, Performance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines