• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locating & restoring photos to the catalog

Participant ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I was approaching storage capacity, I made the mistake of moving some of my photos to Dropbox in the cloud. When I look in my collections there are all these missing photos and I want to get them back. Whenever I import, I always have a backup copy made to an external hardrive. None of my photos are gone; they are in the wrong place. I am using the latest version of LR and running Windows 10 on a Surface. I have several questions about the process:

1) I reloaded the photographs on the harddrive where LR resides. I then went to locate them and indicated the folder they were in. But I didn't know what to do so I imported them. How do I get the photographic files I have located to be restored in the catalog. By importing I seem to be creating a new duplicate file but I just want the original one back?

2) In going through this process can I batch or automate the process?

3) Since the harddrive on my laptop cannot hold my 10,000 photos, I would imagine I would be better having them all on an external harddrive that is big enough, with the backup copies on another equally large HD?

4) Each photograph when imported receives a number in LR and it also has a DSC number. Can I search for them by number? Thanks all for your help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines