Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locating color profiles on my mac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

i've just purchased a new mac and did a clean install from scratch of lightroom classic. 

I imported my old catalog and photos and everything went fine except for the custom color profiles i created with my Xrite colorchecker for my canon R5 : they are missing.

So i'd like to import them manually but i can't figure out where they are located on my old mac running Mojave. I've tried looking in application support and color sync but i can't find them.

Anyone have a clue ?

Thanks, 

Francois

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Make sure you are looking in the correct folder. MacOS has another Library folder that is located directly on "Macintosh HD". The Users/Username/Library folder is hidden by default (https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011496773-Unhiding-the-Library-folder-on-macOS), so you may be looking in the wrong Library folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should be in 'Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles'

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

they should be in Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles but they are not.

I tried to generate a new custom color profile on my new Macbook pro running MacOS 12.3 with the Xrite color checker camera calibration plug-in for lightroom classic but i can't figure out where the profile is located on my disk. 

I can see it in lightroom, so it must be somewhere, right? Searching the profile's name in finder doesn't help either...

Thanks for your help

Francois Dantart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are looking in the correct folder. MacOS has another Library folder that is located directly on "Macintosh HD". The Users/Username/Library folder is hidden by default (https://iohk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011496773-Unhiding-the-Library-folder-on-macOS), so you may be looking in the wrong Library folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't know this, found it immediatly, thanks a lot!

Francois Dantart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines