• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locating link to photos on external drives

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using a new Mac and LRC. I added an external hard drive to the folders section in LRC but the reorganised and deleted list of photos on the external hard drive. Now LRC cannot find the most of the photos. It will take days to relocate them and I have deleted so many the task seems onerous. Can I remove the external drive from the folders section in LRC (with the external drive not connected) and then connect the external drive and add it back into LRC folders section again? Will this solve the problem and will I loose my previous edits? I've only been using LRC since December and still trying to figure it out. Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted in Lightroom Ecosystem but reading your post you are using Lightroom Classic. Moving to the correct forum.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its hard to understand what you mean by "reorganized and deleted". It would be best if you could show us a screen capture of the LrC Folder Panel and a screen capture of the corresponding folders on the external drive as seen in Mac Finder. Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen captures in your reply. Do not attach files.

In general, if LrC has missing folders or missing photos, the solution is here: https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines