• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locating renamed files due to EHD failure

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an EHD die mid-export of a large edit. The image files lived on the dead EHD, but I have the RAW files backed up on an additional EHD as well as in the cloud. The catalog file lives on my computer, so I still have the catalog. Prior to export I renamed the files (this is always my last step before export). In the catalog, how can I locate the files to the new EHD since in the catalog they are renamed? If I have to locate them individually (nightmare), is there any way in the metadata or elsewhere to find the original file name, so that as I relocate each image I can be sure I'm finding the right file? Otherwise I might as well be starting over.

Or am I better off forking over $80 for recovery software from Seagate to try to save what's on the drive instead of doing a lot of relocating of files?

PLEASE HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rename your files inside or outside Lightroom?

When you say "as well as the cloud" does this mean you synced them to the cloud from within Lightroom after renaming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the files in LR. I use backblaze to back up my computer and regularly used EHDs. I doubt the sync was complete after renaming (it takes a while).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to export I renamed the files (this is always my last step before export).

Do you mean you renamed the originals? Or renamed the exported files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I renamed the files in LR. The way I do it renames the originals as well. But the backup version of those RAW files (on another EHD) has the original file names. So I guess I learned a lesson about renaming on export, not the originals. In the meantime I'm wondering if there's anyway to relink the catalog to the RAW files in my backup drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines