• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long delays on everything on a Mac Mini M1

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand I am using a Rosetta emulated LR Classic but things are incredibly laggy.

For example, if I increase the  Exposure slider, the result takes over 2 seconds to display.

Sometimes even moving the slider left and right yields no change on the preview at all. It takes a couple of seconds.

Also, the guided Transform lines are like in slow motion.

Actualy nothing is fluid like before. Even with Smart Previews.

LR CC works much faster but I don't care for online sync and I need the export commands on classic. Also CC only lets you export in 16-bit to Photoshop which is good but most plugins and filters don't work in 16 bit mode so it's just a bigger for nothing image. 

Please update Classic to M1 asap. I don't know anyone who usses CC for anything. Specially since u can't have Smart Previews either. 

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you turn off 'use GPU processor' in your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I tried that too. It's actually a little better but the transform lines are like molasses...

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my mac  mini M1 with 16GB of internal memory.

I get a notification that there's no more physical memory.

Help, it's unworkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not take the issue seriously. And always referred to the preferences. There's nothing wrong with the preferences.

My advice: if you have a Mac with M1 processor? Don't use Lightroom!

I am now considering to canceling my subscription and switching to another product. Anyone a recommendation for another product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutley true! 

Adobe isn't interested to resolve the issues on a Mac with M1 processor so it's time to switch and cancel the Adobe subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines