• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing gmail access to export photos?

Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really going to be a problem sending photos from LRC using gmail?  It has always required some fiddling to work around Adobe's use of SMTP, but it may soon be impossible.  The following is the latest, tho not the first, email about this from Google.

"To help keep your account secure, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. Instead, you’ll need to sign in using Sign in with Google or other more secure technologies, like OAuth 2.0. Learn more

An app or device which uses Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) to send emails using your Google Account has less secure access to your Gmail. This might be an older device, like a printer or scanner. To continue using your Google Account with this app or device:

• App - Remove your Google Account from the app or device and sign in again using Sign in with Google
  • Device - Change your device’s settings so you’re using more secure sign-in technology"

So far, I've been able to check "use less secure apps" in my gmail account--not ideal, but necessary to get my photos emailed.  Now, I don't want to sign into my Adobe account using Google or give Google access to any of my Adobe account except to use my gmail to email photos.  I wouldn't even know how to set up the export dialogue to "sign in with Google."  I've asked before why Adobe doesn't upgrade it's protocol to be more secure and avoid this kind of problem, but I've never gotten any response.

Is there some solution to this that I'm unaware of?  Or might Adobe make itself more secure?  In theory, at least, this change at Google will occur at the end of May 2022.

I hope I'm just misunderstanding this, but I'd really appreciate any help with this potential issue.  TIA.

Gail

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gmail requires  that you set up an application specific password. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In other words, Adobe's persistent failure to set its app security to
current standards (Adobe is the ONLY one of the apps I use that's still a
"less secure app") will require all of us who use gmail to send photos to
reconfigure our gmail accounts. This is hardly a new issue, either, but
one that's been questioned for a long time now. Kinda par for the Adobe
course. I'm sorry to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines