• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of metadata when importing files

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import some jpg files, which were originally created in Lightroom, into my Lightroom catalogue. The files all have data in the title, caption and keywords fields. I find that when I import the files, the data in the caption field is erased, both in the file itself and in the Lightroom catalogue.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

Thanks

Peter

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One possibility: Your import uses a metadata preset that is clearing that metadata, and you've set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.  Try a test import with the Import option Apply During Import > Metadata (in the right column) set to None.

If that doesn't address the issue, upload a sample photo to Dropbox or similar that hasn't been imported into LR yet, and post the sharing link here.  We'll see if the issue happens on other LR installations, and if it does, identify the cause.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines