• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost catalog and images upon cat renaming

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running W 10 and have the latest LrC. I tried to rename my catalog with a shorter name, following all the instructions on how to do that. But I messed up somewhere and can't find the catalog. When I click on the new LrC name, two folders open: folder 1 and folder 5.  Makes no sense to me.

I found an older catalog and have tried to reconstruct it but am still missing images that I can't find anywhere on any drive.

I'm at a loss as towhat to do now. Can anyone help me?

Thank you, Michael

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of the directory showing all the file names - make sure that it is not trucating any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Renaming a Catalog using File Explorer, you must also rename the Previews cache file, and others, in the same manner. (See the linked article)

To start the renamed catalog, you need to find the renamed .LRCAT catalog file in File Explorer and [Double-Click] it to open.

(If you did not rename the Previews cache file- it would show grey previews of your images, but would slowly re-build the Previews)

CATALOG-FIND MOVE RENAME

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines