• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost files in LRC

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand LRC. I've lost photos. Seems when I make collections, they no longer show in All My Photos catalogue. Too, because I have small plan with only 20 gigabytes, could fact that photos are in creative cloud be the cause? How do I recover or, better still, not use cloud if that's the cause?

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that something else must be happening because simply placing images in collections does not move images anywhere. Collections are simply another way of organizing images within a catalog, but the images are not moved. There is still only one actual instance of the image. When you choose to share a collection in the creative cloud, Lightroom Classic shares Smart previews and not the actual images. These Smart previews do not use any of that 20 GB of storage space. The only time that space is used is if you use the cloud version of Lightroom to import images directly using that version. So it's unclear what is actually happening that causes images to disappear from your catalog. Is it possible that you have some sort of filter set? Or, are you looking at the collection rather than your "all photographs"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize for not responding sooner. I don't have filters set (as far as I can tell). I look at "all photographs" primarily. I have found what was missing in that section to be safe in collections of have set up or, when searching for them, in numbered or lettered subfolders new to me. While I do most edits in LRC though I also edit copies with LRC changes in Luminar Neo and then send back to LRC with Luminar Neo edits. Not always, but it's these edits that disappear and . Thanks to you and Johan Elzenga, I have a clearer idea of iCloud's functionality and believe less panic and more thought on my part will help me considerably. Again, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean with "Seems when I make collections, they no longer show in All My Photos catalogue." What do you do exactly, and what do you expect to happen which is not happening? Rest assured: the cloud has nothing to do with this. Lightroom Classic does not store photos in the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines