• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Images due to renamed source folder

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported 26 images from a folder which had a typo in the folder name.  after I did some adjustments to the image I realized I had a typo in the name of the source folder. I corrected the typo in the folder name; now, of course,  images are "lost" ... I have done quite a bit of work to the images and would like not to repeat the effort.   How do I redirect the already imported images & adjustments to the newly renamed folder?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Right click the folder, choose Find Missing Folder, and point Lightroom to the renamed folder.

Note that it's possible to rename folders inside Lightroom by right clicking and choosing Rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

My bad .... I hit "Command" not "Control"!Woerked like a charm !!!!

Many thanks & apologiess for being so obtuse.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the folder, choose Find Missing Folder, and point Lightroom to the renamed folder.

Note that it's possible to rename folders inside Lightroom by right clicking and choosing Rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right click, but see no "Find Missing Folder: anywhere, nor does it seem to give me the opportunity to rename the folder.  am on a Mac Studio: OS Monteray V: 12.4  Apple M1 Ultra chip running Lightroom Classic 11.4 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I right click"

where?

What do you see when you right-click ... what are the menu items? Tell us the list of menu items (Show us a screen capture would be better, use the "Insert Photos" icon, do not attach files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right clicked on 01-31-2022 Boat Landing Scoodic. …. 26

It highlighted the folder, but that is all:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right clicked on 01-31-2022 Boat Landing Scoodic. …. 26It highlighted the folder, but that is all:
By @christopher morse

But you are showing us clicks on the Menu items at the top of the screen. Not what we asked for. On a Mac, the right-click is actually ctrl-Click, is that what you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 2.34.27 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-08-02 at 2.34.15 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-08-02 at 2.34.05 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-08-02 at 2.33.53 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you right click to open context menus other places, like on a thumbnail in Library?

I'm not a Mac user, but I remember that in the past, Mac users had to Control-click to open context menus because Mac mice didn't have a right button, or may be it was for some other reason ...

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control Click got me this:

LR Control Click.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad .... I hit "Command" not "Control"!Woerked like a charm !!!!

Many thanks & apologiess for being so obtuse.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@christopher morsePlease unmark your own answer as correct and mark the answer from @Per Berntsen as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines