• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Images

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this is basic! I used LrC since 2009. I had a huge, sudden failure with my then desk top computer and think I lost everything. Consequently, I did not have anything backed up to an external source. I cried for a while & then upgraded to Mac. I began a new Lr cloud subscription. I just wondered if any of my images prior to the subscription service were out there somewhere in LrC? Would I ever have accesss to those lost images again? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The photos itself are anyway not "in" LrC. That said, even if you can restore the LrC database (aka catalog) you won't get back the photos. Restore/Backup of the originals is out of LrC reach. 

LrC does only sync collections that are selected to sync to the cloud. If so, it syncs SmartPreviews, not the originals.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines