• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Plugins

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a lightroom catalog from another photographer.  All my 3rd party plugins disappeared.  I opened older catalogs and the plugins are gone from there too.  I manually installed the plugins through Preferences but they only work on the current catalog and when I switch to another, the plugins are gone again, with the exception of my photoshop plugin.

Any ideas?

Dave

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What indicates the plugins have gone missing?

• Not found when selecting edit in?
  • Not found when bringing up plugin manager?

What are the third party plugins?

What exact name and version of LrC do you have?

What is your MACOS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD, they show up in plugin manager as installed and running but right mouse click, “edit in” they are MIA.  If I go to Preferences and add them back, they will function but as soon as I go to a new catalog they are missing again.  So basically, I have to reactive all my plugins (except Photoshop) every time I go to a new catalog.

MacOS - Big Sur v.11.2.1

Lightroom Version: Classic 10.3 / Camera Raw: 13.3

The Plugins that have to be re-added: One1 Suite / Topaz Sharpen & DeNoise / Skylum Luminar AI & Photolmure 3

BTW - they all still work perfectly in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange.

Note that the Skylum ones can be added back in via the Skylum programs their self's, a menu option exists. Only way to automatically add the On1 is a reinstall of On1, otherwise, yes,manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered restoring (a.k.a resetting) the prefrence file?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check that out - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, a folder exists containing those presets you create when modifying the edit in section of preferences. One thing to do would be to copy that to another location. But of course, why is it going kaput?

Followup

In LrC. in preferences, in presets, in location, click on Show All Other Lightroom Presets

When Finder appears, notice to the right, the folder named External Editor Presets. That is where the presets, called templates, you created are kept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder, if those templates are treated as presets just like develop presets are WHEN you choose to store presets with catalog?

Have you selected to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines