• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Software (Lightroom)

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my photography camera in 2016 and it came with Lightroom software. It is still installed on my old laptop which is destroyed due to a cat urinating on it. I was wondering if it could be possible to get the software back for my new computer.

Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what version NUMBER of Lightroom you owned, and what operating system version NUMBER is installed on your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was Lightroon 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for two pieces of information. Providing one piece of information and not providing the other doesn't provide enough information for me to give you an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current computer is running macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to install Lightroom 6 (2016) on macOS Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my photography camera in 2016 and it came with Lightroom software. It is still installed on my old laptop which is destroyed due to a cat urinating on it. I was wondering if it could be possible to get the software back for my new computer.

Thank you in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever version of Lightroom you were using (probably LR6 in 2016), you need to know that it is no longer supported by Adobe and nor do they facilitate online downloads. It is, however, possible to obtain a download from this web-site: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html#more-61627

Before starting off in that direction, you also need to know that if your new computer is running any of Catalina, Big Sur or the latest Monterey versions of MacOS it is not possible to install LR6 on any of those operating systems (the LR6 installer is 32-bit code, whereas those latest operating systems are 64-bit only). If you can boot into a prior MacOS version, then yes you could download and install LR6, though of course you would need your original serial number as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answered in the Lightroom Classic forum where this discussion belongs.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lost-software-lightroom/m-p/12842951

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found the software in my account. It was registered but this is what popped up when I tried downloading it:

Lightroom 6 -- This installer is no longer available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install LR 6 on Monterey. You could subscribe to Lightroom Classic, which is the successor to your LR 6. You could also install an older OS on an external HD (dual boot) and then you can install LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines