• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost watermarks during upgrade

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrade to Lightroom Classic v11.0.  I had saved watermark presets using png files.  These presets no longer exist.  I tried to create them, and it still says that png or jpg files are acceptable, but png files remain "grayed out" and unselectable.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested on several Macs and find the watermarks are present from versions 10 to 11.  The odd behavior of your PNG files being grayed out makes me think you might have a corrupt preference file.

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

Thank you, this seems to have worked perfectly!

Best regards,

Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had another problem with acces to my signature files.  It may have occurred during a recent update.  Again watermarks do not appear as they had before.  The files are in the same place, they are PNG, and the are not accessible in the Watermark Editor tool.  What is the problem and why is this continuing to happen?

Thank you,

Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the second time I have had this problem.  I use .png files for watermarks.  After a previous update, these were no longer available for selection (they were visible in the list, but grayed out).  Someone suggested I reset my preferences file.  I did that and it corrected the issue, but I needed to re-create my watermarks.

After upgrading to 11.3.1 this problem occurred again.  I have tried to reset my preferences twice, but this did not correct the problem.

I have asked this community for help, but no one has responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines