• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 11 changes files created and processed in 2020 - DJI Mavic 2 pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a strange change while reviewing pictures I took and processed in 2020, shot with the Mavic 2 drone.

When I look at picture on the library tab it looks like the last developed stage, with my changes applied.

When I move to the developement tab, the pictures changes, looses saturation, purple tone/temperature change, whatever. Going back to the library tab, the change stays - means my files got changed just by hitting the developement tab.

I see this only with DNG files from the DJI drone, my Olympus files (.orf) dont show any change. Process version shown is version 5, a change to 4 and back has no impact.

Sample attached.Upload of the DNG file was rejected.

Thanks, Andreas

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

What might be going wrong here: The photos were processed in a version of LR prior to LR 10.2, when support was added for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro camera (Hasselblad L1D-20c). LR used the raw color profile that the camera embedded in the DNG. But then support for the camera was added in 10.2, and LR started using the Adobe Color raw profile for those existing photos (which is a bug).  See here for how to verify this and how to change those older photos back to using the DJI embedded profile:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-dji-mavic-pro-2-embedded-profile-missing/60e5055c71aaa3085870ebfb

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you used a custom camera profile when you processed these image files back in 2020. If so and that camera profile was deleted for some reason LrC substitutes Adobe Standard for the missing profile, which may look different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - no, I dont use custom profiles, in the example its Adobe color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What might be going wrong here: The photos were processed in a version of LR prior to LR 10.2, when support was added for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro camera (Hasselblad L1D-20c). LR used the raw color profile that the camera embedded in the DNG. But then support for the camera was added in 10.2, and LR started using the Adobe Color raw profile for those existing photos (which is a bug).  See here for how to verify this and how to change those older photos back to using the DJI embedded profile:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-dji-mavic-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all that took a look-  I'm happy to have this solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is shown in the history panel in develop module, and in the history panel, is the last state the one selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andreasw56795873, if this is indeed the cause of your problem, you might file a bug report. LR should not have changed the profile from the embedded profile to Adobe Color.  There were other reports of this on these forums but no one filed a bug report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/ct-p/ct-lightroom-classic?page=1&sort=latest_replie... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis, if I remember it right I always had a small note in the profile area telling me 'profile missing' when I set this to Adobe color, Adobe Standard or Landscape just to check the outcome. My default users preset during import usually sets to Adobe Standard.

But this never changed the colors developed file - until now, when I was reviewing last years pics again. And, this happened just by changing from the library tab to the developement tab, no change done in developement.

Well, I try to open a bug report - at least the old embedded profile should get offered in the dropdown to give a hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"a small note in the profile area telling me 'profile missing' when I set this to Adobe color, Adobe Standard or Landscape just to check the outcome. My default users preset during import usually sets to Adobe Standard."

That would make the story more complicated. Your preset assigned the Adobe Standard or Adobe Color (which is based on Adobe Standard) profile to the image, but because the camera wasn't supported, it didn't have an underlying camera profile implementing Adobe Standard. This caused the "profile missing" to be displayed. In this case, when LR couldn't find the camera profile assigned to the photo, it fell back to using the embedded profile. 

Then when you updated to a version of LR that had the camera profile, LR started using it that profile and stopped displaying "profile missing".  

It's not clear to me that Adobe would consider this a bug per se. Maybe LR should refuse to let presets assign profiles to photos unless the camera actually supports the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines