• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 13.02 on a server: move files and LR doesn't keep track

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on servers, and with the most recent update to LR, when I move files from one folder to another, LR doesn't track the move. The moved files still appear in the original directory, but if I click a filtered attribute that applies to them (like Keyword), they don't show up in the results. When I deslect, they will appear again. So LR knows they're not there on some level, but not across the board.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming you are talking about having your image files on servers. Lightroom Classic will not run from a server, only a local drive.

Are you moving the files within Lightroom Classic? Or with the Operating System?

The folders list in Lightroom Classic is not live like Finder or Windows Explorer. It only knows where the files were at the time of import.

Can you explain the point you are making about "filtered attribute" in more detail. Are you doing that in the Library Module of Lightroom Classic?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the image files are on a server.

Files are being moved within LR, not in Finder.

"Filtered attribute" means I have the filter panel open at the top of the Library module. "Keyword" is one of the attributes I'm filtering for.

An example: I move an image file of a dog with the keyword "dog" from folder A to folder B on the same server (drag and drop within LR) and LR doesn't account for the move properly. I can see the photo of the dog in Library view with no filters active, still "in" folder A. When I click the "dog" keyword in the Metadata filter list, the photo disappears. It's like LR secretly knows the photo isn't there when I filter for keyword (I'm sure it would work for other attributes), but will still display the image as if it didn't move. I'm sorry if this is confusing, but this didn't used to happen with the last version of LR. When I moved files, they both moved on whatever drive they were on and the change was updated in LR automatically without issue.

Other times I move something or rename something within LR and I get the question mark next to the folder or the exclamation point/greyed out file as if it's been moved, and have to quit and restart LR to get it to "see" the files/folders, even though I used LR to move/rename them in the first place. This seems to happen for both files right on the drive of the computer that LR is running on and on servers/external drives as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on servers, and with the most recent update to LR, when I move files from one folder to another, LR doesn't track the move.

If you are moving the photos in your operating system (you didn't say how you moved them), then this is an expected result and is how LrC has always worked. When you move photos in your operating system, the next step is to point LrC to the new location of the photos (as explained in this document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Files are being moved within LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines