• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.0 Won't Open on iMac

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6 on my iMac, the latest update available.  I used LR (6.0) successfully 2 weeks ago.  Now I can not get it to open.  It freezes everything up and I have to force quit to get out.  Sometimes force quit doesn't work and I've had to do a hard exit.  I've tried turning the machine fully off, then  back on to no effect.  I tried holding down the shift/opt key as suggested by Mohit Goyal and it still froze.  I would much appreciate help so I can get back to using LR.

I thought about uninstalling LR and then reinstalling it, but if I did, would I lose my pictures and files?  I've even thought of upgrading to the CC version but don't know if that  would solve my problem and whether doing so would preserve my files.  I don't know how to upgrade to a newer version, because I can't get in to do so. 

Hoping for help here,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Sahil,Thanks very much!  I managed to uninstall, reinstall and update to v6.14, which seems to have solved my problem.    Does Adobe notify users there is a new update?  I never got any such, and so was 14 revisions behind the curve.Thanks again,David

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 10:13:43 AM PDT, Sahil.Chawla <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Sahil.Chawla in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

Hi David,

We're s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, try trashing the saved prefs. Start by quitting Lightroom. Launch Finder and on the menu bar click “Go” whilst holding down the Optn(Alt) key and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder and trash the main plist file relating to LR6 (see image below) or both if you have the two.

Then re-launch Lightroom.

N.B. Apple hides the user Library until the Alt key is depressed.

plist.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

We're sorry to hear about this, have you tried turning off the Graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences >Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

You can uninstall Lightroom and then reinstall it, it will have no affect on your pictures and files as long as you do not delete your catalog file.
I would recommend using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool to do a clean re-installation of Lightroom. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,Thanks very much!  I managed to uninstall, reinstall and update to v6.14, which seems to have solved my problem.    Does Adobe notify users there is a new update?  I never got any such, and so was 14 revisions behind the curve.Thanks again,David

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 10:13:43 AM PDT, Sahil.Chawla <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Sahil.Chawla in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

Hi David,

We're sorry to hear about this, have you tried turning off the Graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences >Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

You can uninstall Lightroom and then reinstall it, it will have no affect on your pictures and files as long as you do not delete your catalog file.

I would recommend using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool to do a clean re-installation of Lightroom. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Regards,

Sahil

have you tried turning off the Graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences >Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10686143#10686143 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10686143#10686143

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6.0 will not run properly, if it will run at all, under OSX 10.13 or later.

You need to update to LR 6.14 (which is free for you since you have a license to Lightroom 6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom v6 (Perpetual) is not supported by Adobe.

You may only be able to update by a download through a 'third party'-

6.14 PRODESIGN DOWNLOADS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines