• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.14 crashes when adding face names

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently LR 6.14 crashes when I start face tagging a picture with a name.

If I confirm a suggested name, it crashes. If I restart LR again, the name is correct saved. 

I have never had this problem before.

So I have no idea where to start searching. Any hints?

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there is no support from Adobe for Lightroom 6.14, please provide more information about your computer system. For instance, what operating system are you using, how much RAM, how much free disk space on your hard drive, when did this problem start showing itself?

Have you considered resetting your preferences to see if that would resolve the problem? That is about the only suggestion I can make.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 , with the latest updates. RAM is 16 GB and a SSD disk. The configuration is working fine for many years. The problem started just this week.  There is plenty diskspace.  As soon as I push the Face icon in the Library, it crashes.

If there is no other solution, I will take your suggestion and will do a Reset. Does that mean that I have to import all pictures again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Resetting the preferences will only change the behavior of how some features react within Lightroom depending on how you would have chosen to have the program respond. You will just have to make those choices again. But all of your editing will remain impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - has only started sometime in the last week after working well for years. Crashes when I confirm a name after face tagging. One of the crashes seems to have reset my preferenes as they're all back to the default now.

I tried running from a backup catalogue incase the main one was corrupted but it behaves the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well - face detection works fine, import, all other edits.  Crashes a couple of seconds after adding a name to a detected face.  Changes do not always save for me.

Started within the last week, wondering if a Windows update is causing it

Lightroom 6.14, Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-6700, Nvidia GTX 970, all on a fresh install of windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people are reporting that face recognition crashes LR 6.  See this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the...

There is some evidence that LR 6's license for the third-party face-recognition technology may have expired.  (And if it has, it's very unlikely Adobe will patch LR 6.)

Please add your details to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. Also, please continue all discussion there, so anything new is shared immediately with all concerned (including Adobe).  Continuing the discussion in this thread will just ensure that it remains scattered and unfocused.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked my Windows 10 updates. The latest is:

8 december 2020: KB4592438 (OS Builds 19041,685 en 190402,685)

This update was installed on december 9. After that the face problem started..

I will try change the system clock, see if that will work as suggested in Photoshop forum (see the link below).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here and I'm on 6.12.
If in fact Adobe has let a license expire and don't renew it, it will be the final straw for me.
It was bad enough losing the map functions and losing support for those that bought the product outright.
Now will be the time I have to say good-bye - gutted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And why would Adobe care? You have already signalled very clearly by sticking with Lightroom 6 that you don't intend to spend any more money on the line of products known as Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. If Adobe renews the license for Ligthroom 6, they are spending actual cash, that's money spent for people who aren't going to send Adobe money for these products, so no benefit to Adobe at all. I'm fine with that decision by Adobe, I want them to spend their time and resources and money on things that benefit the people who are currently paying Adobe money (like me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines