• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.14 crashing now with Big Sur update

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question. My LR 6.14 is crashing after I start it. I am running Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.1. Are there any known issues with classic LR 6.14 running Big Sur? (I didn't see any listed.) Any ideas on how to fix it?

I also installed Adobe Creative Cloud yesterday but I am still getting the crashing going on. I did the Creative Cloud install after getting the message "Adobe application Manager required to verify your licence is missing or damaged. Please download a new copy of Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager

So yesterday I did the following-

1. Went to the link. And it's dead doesn't work.

2. Installed creative cloud

Net result-

LR 6.14 crashes a few seconds after it opens.

I understand the LR6.14 app is 64 bit so it works but the verification app is 32 bit so won't run on Big Sur.

What are my options if any?

1. Is it easier just sign up for the web version of LR for $9.99 / month? (Obviously a good thing for Adobe.)

2. Do I lose my catalog data already on my computer?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was never tested on Big Sur, and Lr 6 is no longer supported, so the Adobe site probably won't list known problems with Lr 6 on Big Sur.

It is not the verification app that is 32 bit, it is the Lr 6 installer. So if you have Lr 6 installed on Big Sur, then it should run, except for other problems which some people have with Lr6 on Big Sur.

Try this link https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud

Options: upgrade to the current Lightroom Classic 11, which not only runs on Big Sur and was tested on Big Sur, but has a gazillion new features since your Lr 6. In no case do you lose your catalog (unless you yourself delete it, which I'm sure you won't do — although strangely enough, some people have done that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware, in the Adobe subscription plans, their is one named Lightroom. That plan only includes Lightroom. But hat is not the full feature Lightroom you are used to, that is what is also called Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud Based) , or Lightroom Desktop. and has the nickname Lightroom Cloudy. Personally, I think of it as Lightroom POS. It runs on your computer, uses an Album on the Cloud, stores photos on the Cloud. Has less capability.

The Plan you would properly be happier with is the Photography Plan. It includes Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Bridge, and some others.

Now Lightroom Classic is the full feature application that your Lightroom v6 has evolved into. It runs on your computer, uses a catalog on your hard drive(s), by default uses photos on your hard drives. Currently v11

Sorry to say, their is no Adobe Plan with just Lightroom Classic.

You can blame Adobe Marketing on this confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines