• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr 6.14 Freezing

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr 6.14 freezes in the middle of scrolling through images or applying edits at times.  This doesn't happen every time I use Lr 6.14 or everyday, but it happens enough that it's starting to really be irritating.  I have to close Lr and reopen, and everything is fine and all the edits/changes are there.  However, I've never experienced this before. 

At the beginning of the year I built a new PC, tested everything, and everything is working perfectly.  I transferred all my files and Lr 6 catalogs without issue.  Everything has been working great except for the intermittent freezing and having to close Lr.  On my old laptop I had the original version of Lr6 and never knew there was an updated 6.14 version.  Unwilling to switch to the subscription model of something I already own and with which I am happy, I logged into the Adobe site to download my already owned Lr6 so that I could install on my new PC, to which I found out that downloadable link was no longer available.  I searched and found one, downloaded, installed, and then realized it was slightly different (Lr 6.14 update).  I never had any sort of issues or freezes with Lr6 on my laptop, and 6.14 works very well on my PC, except for these intermittent freezes where it freezes out of the blue and won't do anything, and it only seems to be when I'm scrolling through images (won't scroll to the next) or when it's applying "synced" edits to multiple images.  I close out Lr and reopen it and it's fine, but I shouldn't have to do that. 

Anyone experience this and/or have a fix??   I don't have any issues with any other programs I use, and nothing else like this has happened.

Windows 10, Ryzen 9 5900X, Radeon 6600 Fighter, 32GB 3600 RAM

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Quit Lightroom Classic.
MacOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.
Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes".

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I haven't tried this, but I haven't run into the same problem in the last couple days.  It has been sporadic since transferring everything.  I have had another issue in Lr 6.14 since transferring everything and that is a blotchy half of RED over the image when I zoom in 1:1 or enter the crop module.  This isn't the case with every image, but quite a few of them will have red over the top half of an image, although it's not completely solid.  That red only appears if you have the highlight warning engaged, and will be there when that's turned on even when nothing is "blown."  The below response of disengaging the GPU accelerator in Preferences gets rid of that problem, but then I notice "stuttering" when zooming in 1:1 (I'm assuming that's obviously because we all know the GPU aids in making everything more smooth and powerful).

Any way to get around that?  Have the GPU enabled in Preferences and no red highlight warning (even though nothing is blown).  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the reseting of the preferences doesn't help you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  Did that, and it got rid of the only other issue.  See above response please.  Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines