• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.14 (standalone) - how to work disconnected from the internet (get rid of 'Sign In Required' pop-up)

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR 6.14 on MacOS X (Sierra). I do not want to have the CC version/license and just want to work offline with my stand-alone LR 6.14, that's it.

After installation I am starting LR, so the pop-up window "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6" appears. I am putting in my credentials (Sign In Now). So the pop-up window tells me "7 DAYS REMAINING", so I am choosing "License This Software" and provide my serial number. First thereafter LR lets me work - when I am online.

But:

1. I want to work offline, disconnected from the internet

2. I already provided my (valid!) serial number and want LR to remember that I am running a copy with a valid, perpetual license

So, after working with LR, I chose Help > Sign Out (my e-mail address) > (pop-up window) Sign out

and was going offline (disconnecting from the internet).

Problem being, next time I start LR the pop-up window "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6" appears again, and again I will have to put in my credentials, serial number and have to go online. Otherwise I will have to work with LR as a Trial Software as the pop-up tells me - no idea why. Adobe, do you hear me - that sucks massively!!

How can I just work offline and make LR 6 (standalone) remember my serial number? Just start LR and work...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

As others have said. If you Sign Out you have to sign back in and enter your serial number again.

STOP Signing Out.

Also as far as I know with the stand alone LR 6 version, the Perpetual License version, once you Sign In, Enter a Valid serial number, confirm all that while connected to the internet, as long as you do NOT Sign Out you can disconnect the computer from the internet and never reconnect. The software will work for years, forever.

It is only with the subscription based version that you n

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to remain signed-in at all times. You can disconnect internet or wifi and the app will work for up to 90 days without a connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And- "Sign-in" really means  - "Activate this software".

If you Sign-out you are "De-activating" the license that enables you to use your software

So as said by 99jon-  "remain signed-in at all times."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said. If you Sign Out you have to sign back in and enter your serial number again.

STOP Signing Out.

Also as far as I know with the stand alone LR 6 version, the Perpetual License version, once you Sign In, Enter a Valid serial number, confirm all that while connected to the internet, as long as you do NOT Sign Out you can disconnect the computer from the internet and never reconnect. The software will work for years, forever.

It is only with the subscription based version that you need to connect to the internet every 90+ days to validate your subscription, to see if your subscription is still active.

Your problem comes because for whatever reason you are constantly Signing Out. So STOP that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the hint!

The point behind Signing out is to avoid falling back to the CC-version. (I bought that software once. No intention or what so ever to pay month after month after month .......) There has been an article on Adobe´s support pages that suggested to do so in order to convert CC to stand-alone (can´t find that article anymore).

Appreciate your quick responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever find yourself back with the trial or CC version it is simple to fix, with just a few steps:

Launch Lightroom and go to the menu: Help >> Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Re-launch Lightroom and click the button “Sign In Now”

Click the button “License This Software”

Enter serial number & click Next

Lightroom will launch as LR6

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom-6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with the "correct" answer offered in this thread.  I've been using LR 6.14 since it's realease and recently added PhotoShop Element 19.0 (2021).  Both of these program are perpetual licenses products that are owned by the user.....independent of Adobe. The user should not be required to have an internet connection to use a desk-top based application / product.   Signing-On is like asking permission to use your property (asking the automaker for permission to drive the car you own)….and Adobe collects statistic of how the product is used.     I have worked signed-in and sign-out with both programs for some time now.....and this is a new problem for BOTH programs that just started today: 

" Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6" appears. I am putting in my credentials (Sign In Now). So the pop-up window tells me "7 DAYS REMAINING", so I am choosing "License This Software" and provide my serial number. First thereafter LR lets me work - when I am online".

I don't know what caused these installed program to change.  I have reached out to Adobe and hopefully they will respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that you do not own the software. You have a license to use it. Being signed in allows the software to confirm that your license is still valid. Granted, the ways that perpetual licenses go bad are few and far between.

If LR thinks you are using a trial version, do a search for that term to get the problem fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom v6 was the first version that could be used as 'v6 Perpetual' or as ' 2015CC- Creative Cloud subscription'.

I cannot locate any forum posts on the topic, but I believe that if you have the Creative Cloud Desktop App installed- your Lightroom has changed to 'think' it is the CC subscription version (as a Trial!).

I do not know if Ps-Elements (2021) requires the Creative Cloud Desktop App.!

You may need to run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to wipe everything 'Adobe' then re-install both Ps-Elements and Lightroom v6 using only the Serial Registration Numbers.

CLEANER TOOL LINK

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote " I have an issue with the "correct" answer offered in this thread."

Things have not changed and it's how Adobe ensures there are only two activated installations of your license key.

P.S. Just a thought, have you changed any components on your current system so that Adobe recognizes it as a new computer?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines