• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6 has reverted to an earlier form and catalog

Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom since 2008, currently on LR Classic version 6.14. Am on PC, Windows 10 pro. I have one catalog with over 300,000 images. Had just finished downloading bird photos from flashcard, culled them, and had just renamed the folder. I may have tried to move that subfolder up one spot. Somehow I abruptly reverted to a much older catalog and an earlier LR panel in the Develop module. I cannot find a way to revert to my current LR again.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Easiest way is probably just to track down the catalogue (*.lrcat) file you're interested in using Windows Explorer, and double-click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Is it possible that you are encountering particular images within your Catalog, which were adjusted some time ago under an earlier 'Process Version'?

In such cases the Basic Panel will show the sliders that go with those earlier adjustments. So you may see for example "Fill Light", still set to whatever value it was given at that tiime, even though that is not seen with newer images.

Image by image, optionally, you can opt to switch up to the latest Process Version. Under the Histogram a lig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

It's technically impossible for Lightroom to change catalogs 'on the fly'. Changing catalogs can only be done through a restart. It is indeed almost certainly a matter of having selected an image with an old process version, like @richardplondon suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

First I must apologize as I was uncertain whether my question belonged in LR Classic or in LR 1-6 and posted in both. My problem has been solved and I am back in business. The forum members who responded are obviously head and shoulders above me in understanding LR; I appreciate the help I received and accept that somehow I must have touched on an older image. How I managed to do it while dealing only with 2023 images downloaded from a flash card and never seeming to have meandered from our curr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way is probably just to track down the catalogue (*.lrcat) file you're interested in using Windows Explorer, and double-click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you are encountering particular images within your Catalog, which were adjusted some time ago under an earlier 'Process Version'?

In such cases the Basic Panel will show the sliders that go with those earlier adjustments. So you may see for example "Fill Light", still set to whatever value it was given at that tiime, even though that is not seen with newer images.

Image by image, optionally, you can opt to switch up to the latest Process Version. Under the Histogram a lightning-bolt icon warns of older PVs, and one way is to click on that.

richardplondon_0-1684277922636.png

You will then see latest editing options for the image(s) concerned instead of the older adjustments.

This means that what those older adjustments were doing may not be exactly matchable - but by and large, I have found the newer adjustments more capable.

It is a bit of extra effort to re-adjust. If you just want to keep the prior editing exactly, then you can safely leave the image using that older Process Version. Some other tools such as Masking may be somewhat impaired, but you can Export and Print etc fine regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's technically impossible for Lightroom to change catalogs 'on the fly'. Changing catalogs can only be done through a restart. It is indeed almost certainly a matter of having selected an image with an old process version, like @richardplondon suggested.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I must apologize as I was uncertain whether my question belonged in LR Classic or in LR 1-6 and posted in both. My problem has been solved and I am back in business. The forum members who responded are obviously head and shoulders above me in understanding LR; I appreciate the help I received and accept that somehow I must have touched on an older image. How I managed to do it while dealing only with 2023 images downloaded from a flash card and never seeming to have meandered from our current year is beyond me but those with knowledge indicate that is the case and I accept it. Wish I could remember the exact sequence of steps I took but I cannot. Many thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you are back on track! Speculating one possible explanation:

one can inadvertently (or deliberately) copy/paste the Process Version of one image onto another, along with transferring other adjustments. It is also possible to do the same thing by applying a Develop preset that has been so defined.

This is just a matter of having the Process Version option checked, in the Copy settings dialog as below - or else in the Preset creating dialog, which is very similar:

richardplondon_0-1685034894470.png

Boxes that are checked, mean that those aspects of the target image will be made to match the source image. Boxes that are left un-checked, mean that those aspects are going to be left alone on the target image. IOW, these checkboxes let selected aspects of adjustment only be grabbed from one image, and applied onto another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines