Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 7.0 (Classic) system folders?

Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did the location of the system folders change with LR 7.0?

specifically looking for default locations of:

1)  Presets if not storing with catalog

2)  Preferences

If #2 doesn't include preferences for View Options and which Identity Plate is displayed where are those as well.?

Thanks -- Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

You wrote:-

1)  Presets if not storing with catalog

When you enable the Store Presets With This Catalog option, Lightroom Classic CC doesn't copy or move your existing presets and templates within the associated catalog folder. Only the new presets and templates that you subsequently create are stored in the 'Lightroom Classic CC Settings' folder within the catalog folder. Clicking the Show Lightroom Classic CC Presets Folder (Preferences dialog > Presets tab) now takes you to the catalog folder on your hard drive instead of the default location.

2)  Preferences location:-

Mac OS:- com.adobe.Lightroom Classic CC5.plist or com.adobe.Lightroom Classic CC6.plist

Windows:- Lightroom Classic CC 5 Preferences.agprefs or Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs

The view option preferences are saved in the above .plist files itself.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by your answer. 

a)  Am I correct in understanding that unlike 6.0, when you check the box to save presets with catalog it no longer copies the presets to a folder next to the catalog but rather only puts new or changed presets in the folder next to the catalog?  I believe that is what you said so just verifying this change of design.

b)  In 6.0 I was "storing presets with catalog" so all the presets (both adobe supplied and my own), but when I converted to 7.0 the new catalog went into the same folder as the cc/2015 catalog and that folder contained a folder with ALL the presets from cc/2015 - including the ones shipped with LR.   So now 7.0 assumes that 100% of my presets are altered - even untouched ones shipped with CC/2015? 

c)  So, back to the original question - I'm sorry but I don't understand the file paths you provided.  Are you talking about the C:\Windows folder?  A folder in Appdata?  A folder in Program Files?   I'm also confused by the CC5 - isn't the verson 7?  I'm kinda old school here so can you respond again with full path names starting with "C:"  (probably starting with  "C:\Users\<username>\.........").  

Thanks -- Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it no longer copies the presets to a folder next to the catalog

It never did- to the best of my knowledge.

FYI  I am a Windows-10 user. Upgrade to Lr-Classic

I do not "store presets with Catalog" but rather I use the default 'global' location.

My default folder for presets is now- C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

ie. in my default Lightroom folder that has all my preset folders.

My default folder for Preference file is now - C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences which now contains- (screen-clip)

ScreenShot472.jpg

User installed presets are NOT automatically copied (or moved) between the "Default Global" location and a "With Catalog" location option, or when changing this option in preferences. This you have to do manually by file copy&paste with the operating system.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is certainly a change that it no longer copies the presets to the "settings" folder next to the catalog when you select "store presets with this catalog".  So, what does checking this box do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

When you enable the Store Presets With This Catalog option, Lightroom Classic CC doesn't copy or move your existing presets and templates within the associated catalog folder. Only the new presets and templates that you subsequently create are stored in the 'Lightroom Classic CC Settings' folder within the catalog folder. Clicking the Show Lightroom Classic CC Presets Folder (Preferences dialog > Presets tab) now takes you to the catalog folder on your hard drive instead of the default location.

I'm not seeing this behavior.  I created a new catalog and looked at the catalog folder and there was no "Lightroom Settings" folder there.  Then I checked the box in the preferences and a "Lightroom Settings" folder showed up with several subfolders which were, for the most part empty.  So far matching what you said.  I then created a develop preset and expected to see it in the "Lightroom Settings" subfolder of the the folder containing the catalog however it was not there.  Instead I found it in the C:\Users\<my name>\ApppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\User Presets.  Shouldn't it have put it in the "Lightroom Settings" folder next to the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you shut-down and restart Lightroom after placing a tick in the preferences box?

ScreenShot474.jpg

Lr-Classic (Windows-10) has placed my new develop preset exactly where I expect it to (after a restart). ie. in the {Lightroom Settings/Develop Presets/User Presets} folder adjacent to the Catalog {test1}

ScreenShot475.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know whether the presets now show up in the folder.

Note that your user preset will only show up in the Pictures folder along with the catalog if you've the option "Store presets with the catalog" checked under the preferences.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for late response but things are very hectic here.  I need to do some more testing on this subject to pinpoint what seems to be working and where my problem is.

i'm leaving for a trip so will have to put this issue on hold till mid November when I get back and can do some more testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for update Califdan2. Feel free to update this discussion with the outcome once you're back and we'll help you out.

Happy and safe Journey!!

Regards,

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines