We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I appoligize if a solution already exists for this. I could find one.
I have one large LR Classic catalog with 87K photos. I recently started syncing with LR CC but only have designated approx 13K photos to sync. For a few weeks it worked perfect. Yet, Classic and CC NOW both show 84K photos syncing. On CC, when I choose "all photos" it shows all 84K, but there are only the 13K in "Albums" on CC. I don't know how the other 70K pics got marked to sync or where they are located on CC (They are not in any album).
When I noticed it was syncing a large amount of files, I had to let the sync go for 2 days. I figured when it was done, LR would figure out the issue. It must be syncing the extra 70k photos at smart previews because they are not counting towards my total space, but I don't need or want these 70K photos on CC.
How to fix?. I've included a few screenshots:
1. LR Classic that shows my total photos and synced photos (87K and 84K).
2. LR Classic collections that show all photos that I have designated to sync (approx 13K).
3. Left sidebar on LR CC that show the photo total synced (84K) at top, yet only 13K in the albums which are the same as the ones in screenshot 2 on LR Classic:
Since the extra 70K photos are not in any album or collection, I can't see how to designate them to "un-sync" on either Classic or CC. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
no reply from anyone? Am I not posting in the right place?
I've got no idea why you have 84K images synced, when you only think you've synced 13K images. A couple of observations:
1. Images do NOT have to be in a synced collection in order for them to sync from Classic to the cloud. You can simply add images to the All Synced Photographs special collection, which will automatically sync them (as smart previews) to the cloud.
2. Your middle screenshot doesn't really help, as it's showing mostly smart collections, which cannot be synced to the cloud. The only two static collections in that screenshot are not currently synced, so I'm not sure what you were trying to show us with that screenshot.
3. In the Lightroom desktop app (note: it's NOT called "CC", it's just called Lightroom now), select All Photos as the source and then click on the Filter icon. In the ensuing Filter bar, choose the Sync Status option and report the numbers...."Synced and Backed up" refers to full-res original files imported via one of the Lightroom cloud apps, and obviously "Synced from Lightroom Classic" tells you how many smart previews have been synced from Classic.
4. If you ever need to find out which images are NOT in any album in Lightroom, select the App Photos source, click into the empty Search Bar, and a drop-down list of searchable facets will appear. Click on "Album" and then scroll to the bottom of the resulting albums list and you'll see an entry called "Not in Any Album".....clicking on that will populate the grid with all the images that are not yet assigned to any album.
In the situation you have now, you need to figure out what's happened to get all those images synced, then you need to decide what to do about them. That's not really something we can help you with. If you think that all the images that are "Not in Any Album" are not required to be synced to the cloud, you can select them all in Lightroom and delete them (care, it will take a while for the deletion to happen and to sync back to Classic). Deleting the images from Lightroom will NOT delete them from Classic, however they WILL automatically be removed from the All Synced Photographs special collection, and will also be "unsynced". They will remain in Classic however.
Thank you so much for helping!!
1. I think you solved my problem right off the bat. I didn't know the "All Synced Photographs" pointer at the top was a special collection that I could put photos in independently of other collections! I think I must have somehow tagged a whole bunch to go in there inadvertently.
2. I am using Jeffrey Freidl's plug in to sync smart collections, which has worked great... unless, of course, it is actually the problem. The 13K synced photos are almost all in those smart collections.
3. "Synced and Backed Up": 271 photos. "Synced from Lightroom Classic": approx 84K photos.
4. "Not in any album": approx 70K.
Now that I know how to "unsync" the photos not in album, I need to decide what to do with them since they're already uploaded as Smart Previews...
Thank you so much!!
Glad to be of help.
Regarding the smart collections.....if I recall correctly Jeffrey's plug-in "simply" links a smart collection to the corresponding static collection, and it's the latter which is synced to the cloud. Somewhere in your collection panel, therefore, should be the actual static collections which are syncing with the cloud.