• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Book module becomes slow

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR Classic to make books for years before sending to Blurb to be printed.  Over the last month whenever I work in the Book Module after about 1 1/2 -2 hours everything slows down.  I start getting the spinning blue wheel and if I try to move a photo from one cell to another it hangs up before able to move.  It eventually gets so bad that get a whiteish screen and warning that LR is not Responding.  I then have to stop and exit out of LR and sometimes this works but other times it does not.  I have even tried to do a backup and again sometimes this helps but not always.  I am at my wits end and hope someone can help.

Our computer has 32 GB of RAM and with both our catalogue and photos on the same internal 6 TB drive with over 2TB of free space.  All of our other programs and files are on an internal 500 GB SSD drive.  Our video card has 4 GB of Ram as well.

Another problem that has just occurred is that again when in the Book Module and we have a finished book and we want to make a jpeg of it we cannot.  Usually we go to our Book Settings and change in this case from Trade Book or other type of book to jpeg.  When we now do this and click on the JPEG at the bottom right we get a window that tells us we must change the format of our book.   If you do this then the order and contents of the book is changed as well as we have created custom cells on some pages.  I have included a screen shot to help you understand this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens when you try other settings pdf for example or other blurb options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines