Exit

LR C imports two copies of each photo, in two sizes, from iPhone 11 on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of November 22, LightRoom Classic is 10.0 Release, iMac is 10.15.7

iPhone has latest iOS.  iPhone 11 Pro Max

Every time I import from my iPhone, I am presented with two different photos for each photo I shot, with different aspect ratios.  I recall this happening after an iOS update.

Is there anything that I can do to stop these multiple version imports?

I have attached a sample of what my import looks like.

Is there anything that I can do?

Thanks

Two different sizes for LR import.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost a year later and no response to this at all. Have you figured anything out besides going back and deleting thousands of duplicates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as they're supported, LrC will import whatever images are on the camera/SD card. In this instance the so called duplicate is in fact a separate image (clue is: two different photos for each photo I shot, with different aspect ratios.  I recall this happening after an iOS update).  In short, the issue hew is not LrC, but how the phone was configured by the customer. This also probably explains why the customer didn't follow up after initial post.

If you're havinga similar issue, then best you start a new thread and provide as much information as possible regarding the phone setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines