• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR catalog Won't open

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed LR Classic yesterday in my normal manner. Today I tried to open LR and received this msg: "The Lightroom catalog named Lightroom-2-2-2 cannot open because another application already has it open I have no idea what application this could be. I have closed all programs, rebooted the computer. I tried to open LR with the last backup copy but I get the same msg. I have no idea what to do next.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Using the Windows File explorer or Mac Finder, go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog, and delete the file that ends with .lock. Do not delete anything else.

The lock file prevents other users from accessing the catalog, but is normally deleted when you close Lightroom. If Lightroom crashes on exit, has to be force quit, or there is a power failure,  it may not be deleted, which will produce the error message you received.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Windows File explorer or Mac Finder, go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog, and delete the file that ends with .lock. Do not delete anything else.

The lock file prevents other users from accessing the catalog, but is normally deleted when you close Lightroom. If Lightroom crashes on exit, has to be force quit, or there is a power failure,  it may not be deleted, which will produce the error message you received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it. Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I followed your steps, but I got allways same error message. I always deleted .lock file for folder and tried to open LRC again but with same result - "The Lightroom catalog named Lightroom-2-2-2-2 cannot open because another application already has it open". I also tired to choose a different catalog, but I got same result. 

Could you, please, advice, how can I solve it?

Thank  you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank-you Per, this simple solution has fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines