• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR catalogues missing after update and now LR itself will not open

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! My LR insisted that I update it. Well, so I did, to LR Classic 11.1. But when I opened it for the first time after update, it was missing most of my catalogues and folders from 2021. Thousands and thousands of edited and colour-coded photos.

I tried to open the last backup folder. However, now the Lightroom refuses to open at all. When I try to open it, it just shows me this and nothing else happens. 

marisk63035134_0-1640630949136.png

Does anybody have any suggestions, what should I do to a) open LR and b) restore my catalogues and edits in LR.

Thank you in advance!

Maris

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

I had the exact problem. I rang the tec support. But a word of warning. Make sure you ask for a tec support operative,  some of their English is not very good at all. But if you have trouble with the one you're talking to, just hang up and try again. The problem is your device may not accept the 11.1,but it just needs tuning in to your computer, and then it runs just fine. I've got it on the I mac and laptop,  

They can do this easy fix,  if they sound like they are struggling then they font know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you unzip the backup catalog first? Most likely Lightroom only forgot the path to the current catalog, so you don't even need to start from a backup. Try to find it yourself and double click it so Lightroom knows where it is.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did unzip the backup catalogue first. But now it won't open, no matter which catalogue I try to open :(. It just keeps showing me this weird writing and that's all. And according my task manager no programmes are open on my computer. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this an upgrade of LrC from v10.4 to v11.1?

or

an update from v11.0 or 11.0.1 tio v11.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I check it somewhere? I am not sure, I have always done all the updates it has prompted me to. But if you ask me like this, I can't be sure, which one was the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact problem. I rang the tec support. But a word of warning. Make sure you ask for a tec support operative,  some of their English is not very good at all. But if you have trouble with the one you're talking to, just hang up and try again. The problem is your device may not accept the 11.1,but it just needs tuning in to your computer, and then it runs just fine. I've got it on the I mac and laptop,  

They can do this easy fix,  if they sound like they are struggling then they font know how to do what's necessary,  but keep trying, you will get someone who understands you and knows this easy fix.

But I had to endure till I got someone who knows about this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines