• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC delete and keep LR Classic

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any issue if I delete LR CC and keep LR Classic on Mac Book Air. I need to free up some disk space.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would un-install (not delete) the Lightroom application using the Adobe Creative Cloud application. Lightroom Classic will still run properly.

I need to free up some disk space.

Perhaps you could talk more about this, as this is most likely the real problem, and totally guessing uninstalling Lightroom won't help that much (it will help some) and again totally guessing the real problem is that your photos are taking up a lot of space. Is that what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Lightroom application does not take a lot of space, so uninstalling Lightroom won't make you save significant space. And uninstalling does not delete the 'Lightroom Library.lrlibrary' in your Pictures folder, which may or may not take a lot more space. So first check the size of this library to see if it's worth uninstalling Lightroom, or if you have to look further to see where your disk space went. If it does make sense to uninstall (if you are not using it anyway, then it always makes sense), then don't forget to manually delete that library after you ininstalled to app.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines