• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 10.2 on mac mini m1 big sur 11.2.3 is a nightmare... imports don't work right.

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up a new m1 mac mini.  I have big sure 11.2.3 and LR classic 10.2.  I have the following issues:

import doesn't show thumbnails for images (dji air or sony a7riv)

import won't let me choose more than one card to import from at a time

import won't let me see subfolders when "include subfolders" is check (or when unchecked)

build previews (1:1) sits and doesn't nothing for ~7 minutes, then does them all

import doesn't know what it's imported already (don't import suspected duplicates) so it wants to re-imports all files.

Combine a few of these together and it makes it VERY hard to work...  My usual workflow is to come back from a shoot, import from 2 cards at once and build previews.  I can't import from 2 cards at once anymore.  And I can't see which card is which w/o spying on the file names.  

If I copy the files to a folder on my desktop, then import from there it works...  Previews work and it appears it knows which are duplicates...  very strange. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me move this to the Lightroom Classic forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines