• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 11.1 - No Import Options

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to LR Classic 11.1 a few days ago. 

Now, when I import NEFs there is no longer an option to click on the right pane and enter fields in Import Options, i.e. modify file names, keywords, etc.  There is only one retangular "dialog" popup in the middle of the screen with three areas: From, Copy as, and To.

I've tried right clicking, etc. but cannot get to the previous scheme where the Import Options fields could be edited in the right pane prior to import.  Is this now accomplished by the "Import Preset" box, and if so, how is this managed?

I'm able to rename files and attach keywords after the fact, but this is very inefficient.

Note that I have not used Lightroom for a while, so this change may have happened in a prior release.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some screen-clips would help, but if your import dialog looks like this: then you are in the 'Compact' import screen. Expand it to the full dialog with the arrow icon in the lower-left corner.

2021-12-28 18_19_01-Lightroom.jpg 2021-12-28 18_19_18-Lightroom.jpg

Also you will not see options to Rename, Keyword, etc, if you select the [ADD] option at the top of the Import dialog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you will not see options to Rename, Keyword, etc, if you select the [ADD] option at the top of the Import dialog.

By @Rob_Cullen

Rob, although the Rename option isn't possible, the Apply during Import panel (which includes the option to add Keywords) IS still available with the "Add" import option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many Thanks.  That was the the solution.  Why didn't I see that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines