• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic 11.2 fails after making an edit to PSD or tif. No further edits are recorded in History.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just showed up after the 11.2 update.  It occurs under pretty specific conditions but is happening to me repeatedly, causing me to have to exit LR and come back in often.

Here's how I can reproduce it.

1. Pick image previously created by editing in Photoshop (.PSD).   Does not seem to happen with RAW (.RAF).  I have seen it with tif images, but I have far fewer of those.
  2. Make a change.  Most of mine have been crops.  The change works and shows in the History panel.
  3. After that, export does not work.  It is not recorded in History and the exported file is not created.   I can not move on to any other images.   Additional edits can be made, but are not recorded in History.  I have to exit LR and come back in before I can make any additional changes.  Any changes made after step #2 are not there. 

LR does not error out and I can exit.  If LR attempts to make a catalog backup it never finishes if I am exiting after the problem occurs.

This does not seem to happen with images that have not been edited in Photoshop.

I have checked the integrity of the Catalog at startup, optomized the catalog and found no problems.  I have another smaller catalog and have not been able to reproduce the problem using that catalog.

I am on Windows 11, 64-bit.  I have turned off Use Graphics Processor and that does not seem to make any difference.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additinal bit of info.  The catalog and files were moved from another PC to this newer PC via a catalog export and import.  The History on some of these shows only that they were edited in Photoshop.Screenshot 2022-02-19 111240.png

The problem did occur with this image.  I cropped it, which seemed to work and showed up in the History but no other changes were possible until I exited LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works fine for me on MacOS 12.2.1 and LrC 11.2.  Maybe it is a Windows only issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines