• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 11.3.1 Windows 10 Painfully slow

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.3.1) and it is painfully slow. Please help!

• Importing 250(ish) files took hours (not sure exactly how long because I had to walk away)
  • Opening a photo in Develop takes 30+ seconds
  • Opening Photo Merge with 3 photos (just the first window) took over 10 minutes

What I have tried so far

• Reboot
  • Uninstall/reinstall LR Classic

Computer specs:

• Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
  • Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
  • System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ll need more information so that I can help you with this issue.

Could you please share the location of the original/source images? Are they on the internal drive or an external drive? Are you using Solid State Drives (SSD) or HDD? Does this happen when editing images with a specific set or collection? Where is the catalog stored? Is it on an internal drive or an external drive?

Are you using multiple monitors? Does this behavior appear after a series of steps or in any screen mode like fullscreen?

Do you use any other resource-intensive application that might be behaving oddly?

To begin with, please go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences, please check this article to troubleshoot further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

We hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the slowness that you see in Lightroom Classic. We're here to help.

Did you notice this issue after the latest update? Where are the images located? What are the file sizes that you are working on?

This issue can happen commonly because of these two factors

1)Bad Install 

2)Corrupt Preference File

Try this method to re-install once:

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

Close Lightroom > Restart the computer > Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom > Restart the computer.

Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs. Restart the computer

Launch Lightroom and wait for 5 minutes.

A Preference File will survive a Lightroom uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences.

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It's magically working today. I am totally baffled. No reboot. LR still running from yesterday. I just picked up with my edits where I left off and the problem is gone. I will make note of the restart procedure if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines