• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 11.5 cannot import videos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since version 10.0 I have not been able to import or post produce videos taken with both my Canon 70D or my Sony A7iii. Even previously imported videos now will not play. I used to get a preview thumbnail fo the video but now jus a generic icon. When attempting to import, I continually get the "An unknown error has occurred while reading the video file. Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed." and then the file name. I have followed the advice posted in several forums to include purging the video cache, deleting
\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\dynamiclinkmediaserver
\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\dynamiclinkmanager
\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video\Media Cache
\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Video\Media Cache Files

I've even unistalled and reinstalled the program both from Windows and the Creative Cloud app without success.

I have no problem importing or post producing videos in version 10. It's ony been since the next versions that this problem has arrisen. 

I don't do all that much post production in LR, but it is nice to have to do a quick and dirty color correction or similar basic changes.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

I finally got it all working. The solution for me was replacing 2 DLL files. MSVCP110.dll
MSVCR110.dll. Go to Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn scroll down the web page and download the Visual Studio 2012 (VC++ 11.0) Update 4 file and run it. Now my videos import and I can edit them. Credit to TknoGeek for the link and the solution.

I guess somewhere along the line these two files got put somewhere LR 10.x and beyond couldn't find them. 10.0 works just fine bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload one a sample problem video to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here. That will let us determine if the problem is specific to those videos or to your installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to two different video files. The MVI_1200.mov is from my Canon 70D and imports and is editable in LRC version 10.0. The second file, C0013.mp4 is from my Sony A7iii. This video too imports and is editable in version 10.0 Neither file is able to be imported into version 11.5. Version 11.4.1 and 11.4 had the same error message as is show in my original post.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15z7xkrFwFCzBKsuSBF_sjMk5OXBnxxbd?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I uploaded two of my video files with an explanation of them but I guess since the reply wasn't direct, it got lost in the shuffle. 

The MVI_1200.mov is from my Canon 70D and imports and is editable in LRC version 10.0. The second file, C0013.mp4 is from my Sony A7iii. This video too imports and is editable in version 10.0 Neither file is able to be imported into version 11.5. Version 11.4.1 and 11.4 had the same error message as is show in my original post.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15z7xkrFwFCzBKsuSBF_sjMk5OXBnxxbd?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to two different video files. The MVI_1200.mov is from my Canon 70D and imports and is editable in LRC version 10.0. The second file, C0013.mp4 is from my Sony A7iii. This video too imports and is editable in version 10.0 Neither file is able to be imported into version 11.5. Version 11.4.1 and 11.4 had the same error message as is show in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both videos imported and played in my LR 12.0 on Windows 10, Windows 11, and Mac OS 12.6. So it does seem specific to your installation. These Dynamic Link Server issues have arisen repeatedly over the years, unfortunately. A couple of other fixes to try:

- Try making a new user account and running LR from there, with a new test catalog.

- Do a clean uninstall/reinstall of all Creative Cloud products as described in this help article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Video has always been LR's step-child and never as reliable as its photo processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it all working. The solution for me was replacing 2 DLL files. MSVCP110.dll
MSVCR110.dll. Go to Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn scroll down the web page and download the Visual Studio 2012 (VC++ 11.0) Update 4 file and run it. Now my videos import and I can edit them. Credit to TknoGeek for the link and the solution.

I guess somewhere along the line these two files got put somewhere LR 10.x and beyond couldn't find them. 10.0 works just fine but now so does ver 12. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution -- that could help others.

Did you try the clean uninstall/reinstall via the Adobe cleaner tool?  I would have thought that would install the MSVC dlls in the correct locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, I tried both uninstalling and reinstalling from Windows and from the CC app. Neither method worked for me.
As I indicated earlier, ver 10.0 works just fine but subsequent versions do not until this DLL fix. That’s even with both versions on the same computer at the same time though not running concurrently. So there seems to be a directory shift somewhere along the line.

In looking at various forums, this seems like an ongoing problem with different versions. It’s also not limited to Windows installations since Mac users seem to have the same problem with different versions from ver 5 CC and beyond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines