• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 11.5 publish service doesn't work

Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to LR Classic 11.5, the publish service doesn't work. I tried to export from two different publish services to my hard drive, but both refused to export. The error message was: "An unknown error occured. These photos were not rendered."

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC bring up the Plug-in Manager. See if a plug-in is shown in the manager for the publish service. If so, does it indicate a problem. And/or does it indicate a update is available? Not all plug-ins will indicate updates. And if you accomplish an update, you would need to restart LrC for it to work.

P.S, opportunity while in the Plug-in manager to look for old garbage left over. While double checking the above I noticed I had a lot of old unused stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All seems OK. The plugin is loaded and I even downloaded a new version if I had any corruption but it hasnt fixed it. 

The thing is the plug in works when its not being used by a publishing service. If I just choose a photo which is in a publishing service and just right click and do export it works perfectly with a watermark and a text annotation. Exact same parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a plug-in called Mogrify 2. The Plug-in Manager says I have the latest version. Maybe I have to wait for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is Morgify 2 related to Publish Services? Hmm, perhaps you are using the Publish Service to export to hard drive? I would see that as an Export Plug-in as opposed to a Publish Plug-in. I do not have that plug-in, so I have no idea. I do see that at the website for it, that current version is 5.10 (has not changed since 2019)

If, instead of using the Publish Services (assuming you are) what happens when you simply select to Export? The website for Morgify does not mention Publish Service,.

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php?sec=main 

What other Publish service is failing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Mogrify 2 to make text annotations in both publish services that fails to export.

I tried now to export from another publish service that not use the Mogify 2 plug-in, and it works fine. And when I just export from the Export menu, it also works fine. So I guss Mogrify 2 is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like LR/Mogrify 2 is tripping over the same bug that is affecting other export plugins:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-export-large-sequences-via-simple-custom-exp...

This bug was introduced in LR 11.4 and wasn't fixed in LR 11.5. The only known workaround is to roll back to LR 11.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I rolled back to 11.4.1 and all works perfect again. So it does not seem to be 11.4.1. It really only stopped working after I upgraded to 11.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add: That is when using the LR/Mogrify 2 plugin, which I made sure it is running the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just rolled back to 11.4.1 and exporting with the Mogrify 2 plugin works fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you try using Mogrify2 with export option but with mogrify options specified. This seems to work ok which to me means the problem is with Lightroom 11.5.

Anybody have any idea if I can do a signature and a copyright without using Mogrify2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running mac os Monterey version 12.5  and Lightroom Classic just updated to version 11.5 with camera raw 14.5.
The export on a published service appears to have stopped working with a plugin called Mogrify2 which I use for signature and copyright as well as other good features.
If I use it just to export an image it works perfectly. Have tried recreating the publishing service with no effect.
The service is publishing to hard drive and i have checked authorities in system preferences and Lightroom Classic has full disk access.
Plus if i remove the mogrify options from the export then it works.
Raising the problem here as it works outside publishing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To rule out other possible issues, try rolling back to LR 11.4.1. Do the problems persist?

In general, it's best to contact a plugin's developer for support, though I understand in this case, LR/Mogrify2's author hasn't been responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive contacted the developer but got no reply yet and it does sound like this plug in is not getting any attention. The fact it works in 11.4.1 suggests that Adobe changed something and Im suspecting its to do with apple security as its not even writing to the logfile on the desktop. I even reinstalled Monterey but it made no difference. I was thinking that the output folder is in icloud so I tried a location which was on the Macintosh HD.

Any thoughts on an alternative option. I use a lot of features but the main one is a copyright notice and a signature. I can only think to export it, add it to lightroom and then export it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to confirm I have rolled back to 11.4.1 and everything is working.

Do I need to do anything to get Adobe to look at this. 

Im new to this forem.

Many thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with LR 11.5 and existing publishing plugins have been reported in other threads, but in at least one case, the developer is actively involved (LR/Timelapse).  So without the involvement of LR/Mogrify2's developer, probably the only thing to do at this point is wait until LR 12 is released in October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately LR12.0.1 does not fix the problem on macOS Monterey 12.6
In my case Export functionality using Mogrify plugin works fine only if I select a single one picture to export. The error message* is the same if I select more than one image to export or if I use publishing services with Mogrify plugin. Hope Adobe will fix that quick.
"An unknown error occured. These photos were not rendered."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hope Adobe will fix that quick."

Unfortunately, Adobe rarely pays attention to errors that occur with third-party plugins, unless the plugin developer gets involved.  The plugin hasn't been updated in nearly four years, and the developer hasn't responded to recent requests, according to other posts here and in other forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly what im getting. Ive contacted the author but think the problem could be in Lightroom as it works when exporting outside the publsihing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem. Cannot export anything via publishing services with LR/Mogrify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@t0bia_s wrote, "I have exactly same problem. Cannot export anything via publishing services with LR/Mogrify."

1. Which version of LR 12 are you on?  Do Help > System Info to check.  LR 12.2 fixed a bug that affected many publish-service plugins.

2. If you do an Export with the same plugin settings (not publish) does the export succeed?

3. What are the precise symptoms?  If there's an error message, please provide a screenshot. Some issues with LR/Mogrify can be worked around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 12.1, I hope it is fixed in new version.

2. It export fine.

3. During export it hangs on and open window "An unknown error occured. These photos were not rendered." with list of file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"12.1, I hope it is fixed in new version."

In LR, do Help > Updates to upgrade to LR 12.2.1 and report back on whether that fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A major dilemma has emerged! 😱 I downgraded to version 11.4.1 to be able to continue using Mogrify 2. But now LR won't sync to iCloud anymore until I upgrade to version 11.5. Now I no longer know what to do. 😬

My Mac is not compatible with the latest LR (12.4) release. I am considering buying a newer Mac. But is it the case that Mogrify 2 doesn't work with the latest version either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines