• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 11 stuck on splash screen

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. LR Classic no longer opens on my iMac, since the update. It gets stuck on the splashscreen. MacOs Monterey 12.01. When I downgrade to LRC 10.4, it works fine. However I work between my iMac and my macbook, and my macbook is running 11.01 just fine, and the catalogs are incompatible.

Please advise

thanks

-c

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the splach screen, does it state that it is reading the preferences? Then gets stuck?

Or does it get past that bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply; it gets stuck while reading preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to reset the preference file. Preference files can get corrupt leading to buggy behavior. Corrupt preference files will survive LrC uninstalls, reinstalls, upgrades, and updates.

Note that many settings will revert to defaults.

Sounds like your LrC is getting stuck reading the preference file.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Had LrC just closed without warning after that point, or gave a warning about already being opened, then I would assume the lock file did not get deleted the last time LrC terminated. This would be the case if LrC crashed, or you forced quit. You might want to check for that. In that case the splash screen would have closed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines